Honey Run Covered Bridge
The bridge was opened to the public on January 3, 1887. During an 1894 inspection by county road overseers, George Miller, Butte County agreed to pay for repairs of the bridge floor due to flood damage which amounted to about $259. In order to protect the bridge from further damage, the county approved for the bridge to be covered which took ten days and six men to complete in 1901. The Honey Run Covered bridge was in continuous use until one of the sections was damaged by an out-of-control panel truck in 1965. Shortly after the accident, the county decided to replace the damaged bridge with a new one a few yards upstream and tear down the covered bridge. For more information on the Honey Run Covered Bridge, visit www.hrcoveredbridge.org.